JOB TITLE: Strategic Partnerships & Resources Associate
REPORTS TO: Head of Global Development
TEAM/UNIT: Global Development (Partnerships & Resource Mobilization)
GRADE: E - Associate
SALARY: €2107-€3477 net monthly plus a good benefit package.
LOCATION: Stockholm, Sweden
ELIGIBILITY: All nationalities
DEADLINE: 31 March 2022, 23:59 CET
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Global Water Partnership is funded by bilateral and multilateral contributions, as well as by contributions from foundations and other partners, both financial and in-kind. GWP’s Partnership and Resource Mobilization strategies are thus strongly intertwined. Currently, GWP’s global team is embarking on a new Partnership and Resource Mobilization (PRM) Strategy with the aim to diversify its funding base and to support regional teams in their own fundraising efforts. The ES office team will soon be formally structured into a Global Development unit, with a core function directly reporting to the Executive Secretary.
This position is currently housed in the office of the Executive Secretary and is part of the PRM team. In the future, the role is expected to be in the Global Development unit, which will be situated within the Executive Secretary’s Office. Based on identified need, the Global Development unit will serve as lead unit, in close collaboration with the Executive Secretary and the Strategy and Global Processes Coordinator, in the overall effort to mobilize and sustain growth in the core funding base of GWP, through targeted strategies and sustained relationships with all existing and potential donors.
GWP’s global team is looking for a highly motivated, creative, and well-versed development professional to strengthen ongoing Partnership and Resource Mobilization efforts specifically regarding the writing and positioning of successful program and project proposals.
This position collaborates closely with the Network Operations team in coordinating program content, and with the Finance and Administration team as well as the Communications team
The Strategic Partnerships & Resources Associate will be responsible for implementing the proposal development process end-to-end. Among others, they will carry out the following activities:
Partnerships and Resource Mobilization
- Support the PRM & Global Development team to continue developing and implementing the Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Strategy.
- Continuously engage and support external monitoring of key relevant development trends and public affairs to identify and research potential funding opportunities for existing, new, and emerging donors.
- Continuously engage in scanning and identifying potential calls for proposals from donors identified in the annual planning for the PRM/Global Development unit. Supervise interns/admin personnel as needed
- Conduct research on donor and funding partner requirements, considering explicit and implicit drivers that influence funding partners’ water related development cooperation, and applying these drivers,
- Take the initiative and support on the implementation of the GWP Global Engagement Plan (GEP) as outlined in the Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Strategy.
- Ensure a high degree of well-coordinated internal consultations with relevant knowledge owners or program officers, as well as selected external consultations with key strategic partners or allies and/or the targeted donor itself
- Coordinate internally with the GWP “donor owners” across the organisation and ensuring cohesion of the fundraising approach across the board
- Be active in the administering and development of the internal GWP CRM system and support the advancement of the PRM infrastructure to service the PRM Strategy implementation
Proposal Development & Program Design
- Take an active part in project and program design teams, working closely with the Network Operations team and/or regional teams, incl. the M&E team, to ensure GWP’s Theory of Change and results frameworks are fully leveraged in project design
- Plan, develop and write proposals, jointly with members of the Network Operations team and/or regional teams, through to finalisation, authorisation and ultimately submission (per donor(s) requirements)
- Work with the GWP communications teams to continue developing and sharpening GWP’s value proposition crisply and appropriately for each program and each funding partner, leveraging ‘impact stories’, results on the ground, statements or testimonials from partners of and beneficiaries of GWP interventions
- Integrate all relevant financial, administrative, and legal requirements as well as well-documented institutional and/or partnership or consortia arrangements in the proposals developed by GWPO.
- Secondary support to regional proposal development aligned with available team capacity
- Work with GWP regional teams in collaborating on the above business process where it is driven by a region
- As needed, take an active role on larger initiatives and task forces that will eventually result in new or innovative proposals and approaches.
- As the Partnership and Resource Mobilization agenda evolves, other related activities may be added to the position’s scope.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced university degree (masters or equivalent) in international affairs, communications, business, environmental studies, or a related field.
- Knowledge and experience in successful proposal/bid development, communications, and partner engagement.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in working in the broader sector of sustainable development.
- Knowledge of and experience in working on topics related to sustainable development.
- Knowledge of global water- and climate resilience related processes and of the water sector more generally is an advantage but not required.
- Exceptional communications and writing skills with total fluency in English. Proficiency in another language is an advantage.
- Strong ability to work efficiently and effectively in a multicultural context and with team members in various locations and from multiple organisations.
- Strong ability to describe technical, policy or programmatic issues in an intuitively understandable way; ability to integrate different experiences, methodologies, and approaches from a diverse range of stakeholders from multiple sectors.
- Professionalism: Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity. Demonstrates corporate knowledge, self-development, and initiative-taking. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment based on mutual respect and tolerance. Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion, and tact in handling sensitive issues.
- Planning and Organising: Excellent organizational and task management skills, with appropriate attention to details and ability to prioritize work among multiple competing demands, and under tight deadlines. Ability to manage multiple workflows at the same time. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment where adaptability is essential.
- E-literacy: Excellent e-skills, including the ability to use modern office technology and related software. Practical knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required. Ability to do internet research, compile information and find solutions online to information gaps is essential.
- Teamwork: Support colleagues, contribute to team culture, and share responsibility for decision-making and results. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility. Ability to “lead from behind” and work without direct authority to deliver timely and high-quality products.
- Personal: A good sense of humor. Love for nature, its beauty, and its resources. Willingness to 'get the job' done with a positive attitude to take on a wide range of tasks.
- Actively contribute to building a learning culture within GWPO by modelling good learning practices and supporting others in doing so.
- Applications must be submitted in English only and only via the online application system
- Email applications will not be accepted
- Maximum 2-page CV and 1-page cover letter describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies match this position.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4-6 weeks after the application deadline.
- Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- GWP offers competitive remuneration as well as an attractive work environment, with flat hierarchies, and with great opportunities for professional exposure and growth.